Student Requirements for
Off Site Proctored Exams
University of Toledo instructors may require students enrolled in online courses to take proctored exams. To identify if your course requires this, check with your professor, syllabus and course bio.
- Who completes this form: students outside of the Toledo area in online programs of study that require proctored testing and high school dual credit students.
- What is needed: a completed proctor form for each course requiring proctoring every semester. Once approved, a confirmation email will be sent to the student, proctor and professor and is valid the entire semester. Any proctor changes require a new form and approval.
- When is the form required to be submitted to Learning Ventures: within the first 3 weeks of fall/spring terms, or before if testing is earlier; at the beginning of each summer session. Adequate time is needed to process and validate proctors.
Off-Campus Proctor Policies and Procedures
- Students residing outside the Toledo area are required to locate
an approved proctor in their local area. It is the student’s
responsibility to locate the proctor and schedule an appointment for
- Student will
provide photo ID to the proctor at test time
- Student will comply with
the University of Toledo’s Academic
- Additional fees that may occur for proctoring expenses are
the sole responsibility of
the student. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact
your instructor or Learning Ventures for further instruction.
- An additional list of proctors can be obtained from the National College Testing Association
- Certified librarian
- College test center
- Education official at college, secondary or elementary school
- Educational Service Officer
- Test administrator
- Commissioned officer of higher rank than the student (military)
Proctors May Not Be:
- Relative of student
- Co-worker of student
- Personal friend of student
- Employee of student
- Resident at same address as student
- Direct supervisor of student
Do not complete this form for on-campus proctoring. On-campus proctoring arrangements are made with the instructor at the scheduled time, date and location the instructor determines. The Memorial Field House testing center (419-530-2011) is available to proctor on-campus tests should conflicts arise, and arrangements are made with, and by approval of, the course instructor. This office does not facilitate on-campus testing.
Call 419-530-8835, or toll free 866-886-5336
Proctor Information Form
This form must be completed in English, except where indicated, or it will not be accepted.